Areas of Focus
I am dedicated to discovering and developing knowledge in the following domains:
- Writing studies and pedagogy
- Human-machine-systems communication/ecology
- Contemporary rhetorics
- Technical, scientific, and professional communication
- Literacy, literacies, multiliteracies
- Design thinking and radically collaborative pedagogy: Agile project approach to teaching and learning in writing studies
- Sociotechnology design agenda for emerging technology: Examining wearable technologies
- Virtual and augmented reality/rhetorics
- Tham, J. (2017). Wearable writing: Enriching student peer reviews through point-of-view video feedback using Google Glass. Journal of Technical Writing and Communication, 47(1), 22-55.
- Tham, J. (2016). Audience, user, producer: MOOCs as activity systems. In E. Monske & K. Blair (Eds.), Handbook of research on writing and composing in the age of MOOCs (pp. 254-277). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Tham, J. (2016). Pedagogical and technological ethos in online instruction: A rhetorical review of on-site and online learning statements. Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Emerging Pedagogies, 3(3), 499-515.
- Duin, A.H., Moses, J. McGrath, M., & Tham, J. (2016). Wearable computing, wearable composing: New dimensions in composition pedagogy. Computers and Composition Online. n.p.
- Tham, J., McGrath, M., Moses, J., & Duin, A.H. (2016). Glass in class: Writing with Google Glass. Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy. Assignments Section, n. p.
- Tham, J. (2015). Through Glass: Reframing technical communication practices via Google Glass. Intercom, 62(2), 32-34.